We are a friendly, busy Scout Group. Starting with Beavers age 6-8, through Cubs at 8-10½ and all the way to Scouts at 10½-14 years.
We’re all about engaging and supporting young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
For young people looking to join our group, please contact:
The 84th Reading Scout Group is run by a group of adult volunteers who passionately care about the purpose of Scouting and the benefit it brings to children.
We are actively recruiting for leaders and to our exec committee. We’d love to hear from anyone, whether a parent or someone who cares and supports the Scouting cause and would like to do their bit to making a difference to the future.
We want you and the skills you can bring to the group, however diverse. You will learn new skills that could help build your CV, or just add to your experience or confidence in certain areas. Typically, the range of things we’re looking for:
- To be a full and active participant in Executive Committee meetings and activities
- To uphold the responsibilities of an Executive Committee as outlined in The Scout Association’s Policy Organisation and Rules. Willingness and eligibility to act as a Charity Trustee for the Group
- Contribute to the strategic aims and future development of the Group
- An understanding of their own role, and the role of others on the Executive Committee.
- A commitment to understanding and forming opinions on the key discussion points and responsibilities of the Executive Committee.
- Willingness to complete various tasks which support the work of the Executive Committee and the aims of the Group
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Able to think creatively and solve problems
- Able to handle and resolve conflict effectively
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others
- Able to maintain independent and objective judgement
- Willing to actively design and contribute to the strategic vision of the Group
- Willingness to take decisions which will further the work of the Group
- Ability to perform administrative tasks needed by the Group
For adults looking to volunteer in our group, please contact: